Friday, May 16, 2014

Crankapotamus and it's FRIDAY!

I am so cranky today. You'd think I'd be in a good mood since it's Friday and I decided to take tomorrow off to sleep in and relax instead of working my usual overtime. But no, everything is irritating me today. I know it's not PMS because I'm just ending my "Shark Week." My coworkers even chipped in and got me a gift card to Target for a graduation gift. That was nice of them. One particular coworker, who I will be applying for a promotion against, got up in the middle of my being honored and left the room. Oooooh sick burn. I can only laugh at my work environment. Oh the stories I can (and will) tell...

I decided that I am going to get "serious" about this blog. I even had to resist posting a second post yesterday. Is that annoying - when a blogger posts more than once a day? Does any other bloggers do that? I think as a blogging audience member, I enjoy when my favorite blogging folks post to their blog or update their You Tube channel AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Don't leave me hanging people! Currently, I am debating whether I should pay for web design instead of using the standard Blogger templates. No offense Blogger. It's just not my jam. I figure if I can make this blog what I want it to be aesthetically it will not only attract readers (I hope!), but will make me want to post regularly. We shall see. I have yet to make the fact that I have started "Sugar Britches" public knowledge, but did talk to my best friend forever last night and mentioned a few times "that should so go on my blog." Suddenly, I have become Barney from "How I Met Your Mother" sans the suits.

Speaking of suits, one of my goals now that I don't have that crazy law school distraction is to start looking more put together for work and honestly, just when I am out in public in general. Comfort has taken over my life. I am so lucky to work in such a casual work environment, but dressing for comfort doesn't really reflect the image I want to radiate. It's so weird that when I first entered "corporate America" when I was 20-years-old, I was required to dress in power suits and pumps. Let me tell you, nine years ago there were not cute suits for curvy women (which I am, thankyouverymuch). Think: tapered pants and shoulder pads. I looked like a walking upside down triangle. Each subsequent job I've had has ended up even more casual than the one before it. First and foremost though, I need to figure out what I can do with these awful bangs I cut myself the other night. No amount of cute clothing, make-up, clear skin, and on-point accessories are going to take away from this hideous fringe.

Besides wanting to project a better image at work, some of my post-law school goals are: get healthy (revamp my nonexistent diet/quit smoking - a habit that worsened due to school stress/work out), get this promotion at work (wish me luck!), and start managing my finances better. Two quotes that I came across recently which have really helped me become more productive and I know will help me through the process of achieving my goals are: "Do one thing today that will make your life easier tomorrow." -Unknown and "If I couldn't do everything, I wouldn't do anything." -Unknown. The second one really speaks to me because I am an overwhelmed perfectionist and if I can't do everything I just quit do anything. I am the very definition of "all or nothing." It's just a reminder that I shouldn't just avoid doing/changing something because I cannot do everything.

Enough of me waxing poetic. I hope y'all have a great weekend whether it being getting closer to achieving your own goals or setting a couple of goals or just some good ole R&R. I hope to do all three....but sleep...mostly sleep.

No comments: