Thursday, May 15, 2014

Bloggity Blog Blog Blog

So, I have finally decided to start a blog. That's not true. I've started blogs in the past, just never stuck with them. I mean, Blogger says I've been a member since 2007. This is my first post. Actually, I think I made two other posts in 2007, but nothing worth keeping. What makes this blog different? Honestly, I don't know that there is something different about this one. I don't know that I will stick with blogging. What I do know is that I have plenty of stories to tell and now that I am done with law school (pending final grades - HURRY UP, SCHOOL!), I have decided that I should reinvest my time into something creative.

Yes, I have spent the last four years of my life in law school part-time while I also worked full-time (a "professional" and public service position at that). And, while I say it's been part-time school, the fewest credits I ever took was 11 credits and that was for one semester only. My law school graduation is this Saturday - three days from now. I decided months ago I am not walking at my commencement. I have had plenty of people look at me like I was crazy and strange (I am), when I told them I wasn't participating in graduation. So why am I not walking? Because, I don't care for my school (more on that later), especially don't care for most of my peers graduating (more on that later as well), the commencement is about 3 hours away at my university's main campus, and I never went into law school to "showboat." I don't fault anyone that wants to walk at graduation, it's just not my bag and I know I can still be proud of my MAJOR accomplishment without walking across a stage in a frumpy wool robe and hood. Although, the hood part sounds pretty awesome. So yes, this blog is finally a way for me to get my stories out and to let my creative juices flow (that sounds disgusting).

WARNING: I use a lot of parentheticals, ellipses, hyphens, exclamation points, and the like. It's like a disease. If you don't enjoy excessive punctuations (hey, not claiming they are being used correctly either), then please feel free to stop reading this (please don't). BUT, if you love funny stories about childhood, dating, school, work, and just random awkwardness, then I'm the blog for you.

No comments: